Wednesday 5 May 2010

CIWW 05/05/2010

With no sea Kayaking on the cards due to working weekends and the last bank holiday, I jumped at the chance at a club night at the recently opened Cardiff International White Water course.
We watched the course quickly fill up as the pumps were turned on, tonight it was only on four cumecs.
It was Bobby's first time on proper moving water and he was a little wary and I think the amount of kayaks on the water was a bit off putting but there is no rush and I am sure his confidence will come in time.
I have been on the course before when it was on eight cumecs and there was a lot of difference and as this was my first time in a playboat it was probably a good thing the water was a lot slower.

I have had little experience on white water except for tide races but I am starting to get the bug and with CIWW just on the doorstep I am sure I will doing a lot more in the future.

A great night was had by all and thanks must go to Sue, Mark, Colin and all at Cardiff Canoe Club who turned up and thanks to Dave for the loan of the boat, though I think I will go for something slightly longer.

No comments: